Reflections on Resilience

IIA wrapped up it’s Power Series last week, with a presentation by IIA’s Integrative Health Chair, Suellen Nadeau entitled, The Power of Awareness: A Path to Resilience.  Following is a piece written by IIA’s Intern Lexi Hussy, as she reflected on the presentation.

Emotional Health: The power of resilience

by Lexi Hussey, IIA Intern

I think resilience is something everyone should learn and experience in their lifetime. Most of the time, resilience is unfortunately learned through something tragic or bad. In March of 2020, I lost my Dad due to complications from surgery to remove his Pancreatic cancer. He was only 60 when he passed. My whole family was extremely close, and still are. Right after his passing, the pandemic came full swing. When I got sent home from school, it was a blessing in disguise. I was able to be with my mom and older brother to heal together. We became resilient as a family. We knew that we couldn’t change that my dad was gone, but we could learn to be stronger. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient” – Dr. Steve Maraboli

To learn more about IIA’s recently completed Power Series, please click here.  Plans are in the works to expand the Power Series.  Sign up for our weekly email newsletter so that you’ll be the first to know about all of IIA’s programming!