Meet the Bloggers

tricia 2012 sjcmePatricia S. Ireland, Ph.D.
Director, Theology Programs

I am Patricia Ireland, Director of Theology Programs. My Ph.D. is in Theology with a concentration in Patristics, but I consider myself a generalist, teaching a wide variety of theological subjects.  In addition to being the Director, I design courses and teach on campus and online, most recently summer courses in Patristics as well as TH 505 Moral Theology, TH 601 Theology of Grace, and TH 602 The Trinity. I give talks on theology and pastoral studies and have written several articles and contributed to a few series publications.  My books are Women in Search of Truth and Guardian of a Pure Heart: St. Augustine on the Path to Heaven.  I have lived most of my life in New Jersey in the metro New York area and now live with my family in Maine close to campus.

SheridanDaniel Sheridan, Ph.D.

I am Daniel Sheridan, Professor of Theology in the on-campus program at Saint Joseph’s College. From 2007 to 2012, I was the Director of Online Theology and have designed ten online courses. I presently teach TH 515 Pastoral Counseling and TH 610 Theology of Holy Orders in the online program. My Ph.D. is from Fordham University in New York in the History of Religions. I studied under Fr. Thomas Berry, one of the foremost Catholic thinkers in the history of religions and in ecology and religion. My wife MaryAnn is an expert on Native American religions and teaches on-campus and online for Saint Joseph’s. On September 19, 2010, I was ordained a Catholic deacon for the Diocese of Portland, Maine. I am currently doing work in systematic theology on the sacrament of Holy Orders with special attention to the place of the diaconate within that sacrament. To do this, I stay current in ecclesiology, in New Testament and in patristic studies. I am also studying the cultural possibilities for the new evangelization with a long historical view, building on the work of Christopher Dawson, Charles Taylor, Aidan Nichols, and Tracey Rowland.

Carmina M. CChapp photohapp, Ph.D.

I am Carmina Chapp, and I teach TH 580 Theology of Sacraments and TH586 Theology of the Liturgy in the M.A. program. I studied English and Italian as an undergraduate at the University of Notre Dame. A study abroad in Rome led to a love for theology, and I pursued graduate work at Providence College, then Duquesne University. I have been teaching undergraduate and graduate Catholic theology for over twenty years. I live in northeastern Pennsylvania, where my husband manages the Dorothy Day Catholic Worker Farm.

ColemanAnthony Coleman, Ph.D.

My name is Anthony Coleman and I am Assistant Professor of Theology at St. Gregory’s University in Shawnee, OK. I teach TH 572 Multicultural Ministry in the Church in the M.A. Program, as well as Th 330 Christology in the B.A. Program. I have a B.A. in theology from St. Anselm College, an M.A. in theology from Boston College, and am preparing to defend my Ph.D. dissertation (“Lactantius and the Doctrine of Providence”) at Boston College. My wife AnneMarie and I welcomed our first child, Moses Elias Coleman, into this world on July 16th, 2013 (see picture). My areas of interest could be broadly defined as the contributions of the Catholic Intellectual Tradition to theology, philosophy, art, music, and literature. Due to the arrival of my son, recent areas of interest also include: the virtues of the cloth diapers, Lactavism (no relation to dissertation topic), and co-sleeping.

photo dhDavid Michael Hammond, Ph.D.

My name is David Hammond, and I received my A.B. degree from the University of Notre Dame, (1976) and my M.A. and Ph.D. from The Catholic University of America (1986). A number of my articles on topics in systematic theology have been published in British and American journals. My special interests are the works of John Henry Newman and Bernard Lonergan. I am also the editor of a volume of invited essays entitled Theology and Lived Christianity (Mystic, CT: Twenty-Third Publications, 2000). My current book project (in its final stages) is an introduction to the foundations of Catholic Theology, tentatively entitled Return to the Subject: Lonergan and the Future of Theology. At Saint Joseph’s, I teach a sequence of two Church History courses (TH 311 and TH 312) for undergraduates and an upper level undergraduate course TH 210 Fundamental Doctrines and Their Development. On the graduate level, I currently teach TH 530 Christology.

Pamela's Bank picturePamela Hedrick, Ph.D.

I am Pamela Hedrick, and I teach graduate classes TH 555 Old Testament, TH 520 New Testament, and TH 511 Catholic Spirituality at St. Joseph’s College Online.  I hug trees, brake for bunnies, and want to be camping right now. I love travel, especially in Italy, and I’m a Secular Franciscan who is interested in various spiritualities of the world’s religions, though my current manuscript project is on faith and reason in the first century Roman Empire.a

MarlettJeffrey Marlett, Ph.D.

This is Jeff Marlett.  I teach the graduate courses TH 581 Catholic Social Thought and TH 590 Ecclesiology, and I am thrilled to work with the Online Theology program at St. Joseph’s College!  My own educational journey started at Wabash College in Indiana where I studied Philosophy, Classics, and Religion.  The faculty there sparked my fascination with the history of Christian thought, especially Roman Catholicism.  After earning a Master’s at Vanderbilt University, I went to Saint Louis University for my PhD in Historical Theology.  After graduation, I landed in Albany, New York, where I also teach at the College of Saint Rose.  My research interests include the papacy, American Catholic sports and literature (e.g., Vince Lombardi, the novelist William E. Barrett) and unpacking the Church’s social justice tradition since 1846.  My family and I love to get outdoors–camping, hiking, kayaking, swimming, fishing–so we love the Adirondacks and, of course, Maine! I also blog at Spiritual Diabetes.

MunroeJohn S. Munroe, Ph.D.

My name is John Munroe and I have been teaching Catholic theology and biblical studies at Saint Joseph’s College for over twenty years. I have a BA in history and education from St. Michael’s College in Colchester, VT.; an M.Div from St. John’s Seminary, Brighton, MA, an MBA from National University, San Diego, and a PhD in Education from LaSalle University in Mandeville, LA. My pastoral approach to teaching comes from many years as a parish Pastoral Associate and Director of Religious Education.  My wife and I live in Maine, where we enjoy spending time with our children and grandchildren.

Susan TimoneySusan Timoney, S.T.D.

My name is Susan Timoney and I teach Spiritual Direction for Saint Joseph’s College Online. I am the Assistant Secretary for Pastoral Ministry and Social Concerns for the Archdiocese of Washington. I have a S.T.D. in Theology with a specialization in Catholic Spirituality and teach at Saint Joseph’s College Online and The Catholic University of America.

Fr. Frank DonioFr. Frank Donio, S.A.C., D. Min.

My name is Fr. Frank Donio, S.A.C., and I teach TH 211 Foundations of Catholic Spirituality and TH 541 Christian Leadership and Management. My D.Min. from The Catholic University of America is in Adult Spiritual Formation.  I also have a M.A. in Church History from CUA, a M.Div. from Washington Theological Union, and a M.S. in Church Management from Villanova University School of Business. I am the Director of the Catholic Apostolate Center in Washington, D.C., and I am collaborating with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops on the development of a print publication and an online resource called the New Evangelization Toolkit.  I am also working on two books, one on collaboration among Church leaders and another on apostleship.

Angela FranksAngela Franks, Ph.D.

My name is Angela Franks, and I’m a wife, mom of six (yes, six), and theologian. I love teaching theology, and I am blessed to do that for St. Joe’s as the instructor for TH340/582, the undergrad and graduate Theology of the Body courses. I also direct the Master of Theological Studies for the New Evangelization degree at the Theological Institute for the New Evangelization, based at St. John’s Seminary in Boston, where I live with my family. I slog–that is my word for “slow blogging,” or blogging at the speed of life–with my husband David at our website. My latest book is Contraception and Catholicism: What the Church Teaches and Why. In my free time … oh, wait, I don’t have any free time. But if I did, I would spend it working out, biking, cooking, reading, or visiting Maine. And smooching those six kids. Whom we homeschool. But that’s another story….

KoehneMark Koehne, Ph.D.

I am Mark Koehne.  I designed and now teach TH 335 Catholic Social Teaching and TH 512 Catholic Bioethics for Saint Joseph’s College Online. I am chair of the Theology Department of Aquinas High School in La Crosse, WI, and coordinate community service at that school.  In addition, I teach Old Testament in the Permanent Diaconate Formation Program of the Diocese of La Crosse. Currently, I am working on projects in bioethics and Old Testament. I enjoy spending time with my wife and four children, three of whom are now young adults.

GulinoLisa Gulino, D.Min. (cand.)

My name is Lisa Gulino, and I teach Theology of Pastoral Ministry (TH224 and TH526), Foundations of Religious Education (TH562) and Youth Ministry and Family Faith Formation (TH501) at Saint Joseph’s College Online. I work for the Diocese of Providence as Director for the Office of Evangelization and Faith Formation. Serving 142 parishes in their mission of evangelization and catechesis, we help with the formation and certification of parish catechetical leaders, RCIA coordinators, Religious Education for persons with disabilities, Young Adult Ministry, and provide resources for adult faith formation and baptismal preparation. I have my B.A. in Theology from Franciscan University, M.A. from Providence College and am a D.Min candidate at Catholic University of America.

Ed20130523_145901ward Trendowski, Ph.D. (cand.)

My name is Edward Trendowski. My wife Breanne and our three children live in New Bedford, MA. I am the Coordinator for Catechetical Resources for the Diocese of Providence, RI. I received my Master’s Degree at St. Joseph College and this was a great experience. Currently I am working on a Ph.D. in Religious Education and Catechetics from the Catholic University of America. I had such a great time at St. Joseph College, that I now teach two courses for the online program: Theology of Family Ministry and Theology of Ecumenism. These happen to be two of my research interests as well.

Susan O'Hara

Susan O’Hara, M.A.

My name is Susan O’Hara, and I teach Catholic Doctrine and Theology (TH101), Introduction to the Old Testament (TH104), Exploring Theology and Religion (TH105) and Theology of Ecumensim (TH315) at Saint Joseph’s College Online. I’ve taught Theology in high school and college for my entire adult life and I love being an instrument of God’s grace for students of all ages. I have a particular interest in Marian Theology and Interfaith Dialogue. I have my B.S. in History from West Chester University in Pennsylvania, and an M.A. in Systematic Theology from Saint Charles Seminary, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Ann KoshuteAnn M. Koshute, M.T.S.

My name is Ann Koshute and I teach theology at St. Joseph’s College Online and Immaculata University. I’m also speaker and writer, focusing on marriage, the family as a domestic church, and the good news that the living God wants an intimate, personal relationship with each one of us! I hold a Master of Theological Studies from the Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family. While I was at the Institute, I became a founding member of Theophany Catholic Theatre Company, which performs the plays of Karol Wojtyla (Pope St. John Paul II). My husband Keith and I live in Central Pennsylvania, and we are active parishioners of St. Ann Byzantine Catholic Church.

Virginia Lieto 2645 RTVirginia Lieto, MAPT, MBA

I am Virginia Lieto. I teach TH107, Liturgy and Sacraments, for the Catechetical Certificate Program. I also teach TH211, Catholic Spirituality, at the undergraduate level. I obtained my MBA in Finance from Fairleigh Dickinson University – Madison, NJ in 1988. After a 36 year banking career, I retired and obtained my Masters in Pastoral Theology from Saint Joseph’s College in 2014. I am the author of Adventures of Faith, Hope and Charity – Finding Patience, a children’s book that introduces and reinforces the value of the virtue of patience. I am also a Catholic blogger at VirginiaLieto.com and a public speaker on the Catholic faith. I live in North Carolina with my wonderful husband, Nick.

Fawn's pic for blogFawn R. Waranauskas, M.A., M.S.

Hi, I am Fawn Waranauskas, and I teach TH 108 Catholic Spirituality for Saint Joseph’s College Online Catechetical Certificate Program. My husband Brian and I currently live in Great Falls, Montana, where I teach senior religion for Central Catholic High School. I was born and raised in Goshen, New York, and I am a U.S. Air Force veteran. I am a convert to Roman Catholicism and completed my Master of Arts in Theology – Sacred Theology through Saint Joseph’s College Online. In addition, I hold a Master of Science degree in Secondary Education (University of Nebraska) along with Bachelor of Science degrees in Meteorology (Texas A&M University) and Physics (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute). I am currently exploring my doctoral degree options in theology. My theological interests include spirituality, ecumenism, the early Church, the Trinity, and Sacred Scripture. In our spare time, Brian and I love traveling, hiking, and snowshoeing!

ConnorsSr. Kelly Connors, pm, JCD, PhD

I am Sister Kelly Connors, a member of the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary, US Province. I teach TH 604 Canon Law in the Saint Joseph’s College Online Theology Program. My primary ministry is as a canonical consultant to various dioceses and religious institutes. I also speak nationally and internationally on issues of Canon Law and Religious Life. I have taught high school and college Theology, but am mostly engaged in adult education with my Canon Law ministry. I have a BA from Providence College, an MTS from Weston Jesuit School of Theology, a PhD in Canon Law from the University of Ottawa, and a JCD from St. Paul University, Ottawa.

OllickDeacon Greg Ollick, M.A.

I am Deacon Greg Ollick, and I teach TH 110 Introduction to Sacred Scripture, for the Certificate in Catholic Catechesis Program. I am a permanent deacon of the Archdiocese of Atlanta and a Saint Joseph’s College Online alumnus, having earned both a Bachelor of Arts in Theological Studies and a Master of Arts in Theology in the program. I have been the director of Christian Initiation and Adult Faith Formation at Saint John Neumann in Lilburn, GA, since 2008. I teach courses at the parish and diocesan level, as well as for the diaconate formation program here in Atlanta. I also lead retreats, missions, catechetical workshops throughout North Georgia. My main areas of interest are Sacramental Theology, Sacred Scripture, Evangelization and Catholic Apologetics. My wife, Janice, and I live in Atlanta and enjoy running, hiking, and all water sports. My website is www.EpiphanyInitiative.com.