Life at SJCME

As told by Michaela '14

Meet the Blogger

Image 1My name is Michaela Hotham. I am a 21-year-old Saint Joseph’s College student who currently resides in New Gloucester, Maine, a rural town about 25 minutes from campus. I am graduating this year, in May 2014, with a degree in English and minor in philosophy. When not attending classes or spending my days stocking the shelves of dairy and frozen at Walmart, I simply enjoy relaxing. Sometimes I may read, draw, go out to the movies with friends or out to dinner, spend time with my basset hound, or write down whatever words come to mind, whether it is a reflection of my day, a quick story idea, or a poem. One of my goals is to one day write a book, something I can be proud of, and get it published.

Until then, I am going to take every opportunity to enhance my writing skills, especially if they can be used to help others in some way. With that being said, I hope that this blog, which is dedicated to Saint Joseph’s College and all that offers, can be used as a resource for all those wondering about what Saint Joseph’s College has beyond a beautiful campus. I hope the blog continues on, showing the changes of Saint Joseph’s College over time, while still trying to catch the essence of Saint Joseph’s College through other student perspectives.